Optimatics developed a software tool, named OptiCritical, to assist clients in analyzing and understanding the impact of pipe bursts on their water distribution systems. According to Optimatics, OptiCritical will be providing answers to questions such as:
- Which pipes cause the most disruption if they break?
- Which locations are affected by bursts at other locations?
- Can we guarantee service?
- Where might we have problems?
- Where do we need augmentations?
See the video demonstration (opens in a new window):
OptiCritical links a customized graphical user interface with a hydraulic simulation engine and is useful for system planning, maintenance, and incident management tasks. It is able to be applied to:
- Pipe break simulation
- Pipe isolation simulation
- System-wide criticality and vulnerability review
OptiCritical simulates the impact on the system with regards to:
- Ability to supply to customers
- System pressures
- System velocities
- Water quality incidents (discoloration)