This new book by Daniel P. Loucks and Eelco van Beek (UNESCO PUBLISHING) will be out soon at your near by store. In the meanwhile it can be downloaded free from Delft Hydraulics ftp.
The size of the file is about 400MB so before you go ahead with the download, look at this file here to see the introduction to the book.
- Water Resources Planning and Management: An Overview
- Water Resource Systems Modelling: Its Role in Planning and Management
- Modelling Methods for Evaluating Alternatives
- Optimization Methods
- Fuzzy Optimization
- Data-Based Models
- Concepts in Probability, Statistics and Stochastic Modelling
- Modelling Uncertainty
- Model Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis
- Performance Criteria
- River Basin Planning Models
- Water Quality Modelling and Prediction
- Urban Water Systems
- A Synopsis
If you decide that you want to download the files please drop me a note and I will send you the ftp information. I do not publish it here to avoid security risks.
Update: Eelco van Beek, one of the books authors updated me that they had to close the FTP-site because hackers got hold of it. The good news is that now the book can be ordered from the web-site of UNESCO-Publishing (20% off the regular price if you order by the end of April 2006 – ג‚¬40). The book can be also downloaded, as one file or a set of smaller files, from Delft web-site.
Update (01/11/2012): As commented below, the book is available online at